Notification of CTSA AGM- Thursday 19th July 2012
PLEASE NOTE- AGENDA, INVITATION AND PROXY FORM NOW ADDED BELOW.
The Annual General Meeting of the Crawley Town Supporters Alliance is scheduled to take place in Redz Bar, CTFC, on Thursday 19th July 2012, starting at 7.30 PM prompt. The bar will be open, and we hope to see you there.
There will not be a full election of Board Members this year, as under our constitution a full election needs only to take place every three years, and as you may recall we had one last year. However every year a third of Board Members must step down and stand again for election if they wish to do so. We do expect to have perhaps a couple of vacancies, so if you are interested and have both the time and expertise to help, we’d be glad to hear from you! Apart from this partial election, there will be one item on which we need you to vote- a change in accounting dates. We’d like our financial year to run from 1st July to 30th June rather than the norm, as this fits better with the football season, but we can only do that with your agreement. See draft rule 85.
We will also, for your viewing pleasure, have many, many supporters photographs from last season on display, and have a riveting Chairs Report, Financial Report and Travel Report for you to hear. We’ll try to be brief, honestly!
The draft model rules can be read/downloaded here: http://www.ctfcsa.co.uk/aims-and-rules/
Last season we set up an entirely new organisation following the joining of the former Supporters Club and Devils Trust. Since July 1st 2011 we’ve hardly paused to draw breath. Amongst our work so far, we’ve:
- Supported the Centre of Excellence enabling home grown talent to be nurtured
- Markedly increased away support for the team by providing high quality and low cost travel- we were the cheapest official travel provider in League Two despite using the best quality coaches in the UK!
- Funded soccer coaching for primary school children – coaches provided by CTFC
- Reintroduced Golden Gamble with funding going to the Centre of Excellence and our community schemes
- Supported fundraising for Chestnut Tree House children’s hospice
- Provided matchday music at every home game
- Met monthly with the football club to raise your ideas and concerns
But despite all of that, we have so much more to do. If CTFC are to be a success and consolidate in League One, we need to get more and more bums on seats and feet on terraces. We need to ensure that our community- and, as the club badge states, that should be the whole of West Sussex- embraces its most successful football club. It’s a lot of work, but somebody has to do it!
Look out for an invitation and agenda in your inbox or postbox over the next week or two, and we look forward to seeing you there. And again, if you’d be interested in taking an active role, please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org or 07860478050.
Ian, Chair, CTSA