The Annual General Meeting of the Crawley Town Supporters Alliance is scheduled to take place in Redz Bar, CTFC, on Thursday 18th July 2013, starting at 7.30 PM prompt. The bar will be open, and we hope to see you there.
There will not be a full election of Board Members this year, as under our constitution a full election needs only to take place every three years, so that’ll be on the agenda for next year! However every year a third of Board Members must step down and stand again for election if they wish to do so. We do expect to have a few vacancies though we already have a few new volunteers (thank you!), so if you are interested and have both the time and expertise to help, we’d be glad to hear from you!
We will also, for your viewing pleasure, have many, many supporters photographs from last season on display, and have a riveting Chairs Report, Financial Report and Travel Report for you to hear. We’ll try to be brief, honestly!
The model rules can be read/downloaded here: https://www.ctfcsa.co.uk/aims-and-rules/
Last season we had another wonderful year. Amongst our work, we:
- Supported the Academy enabling home grown talent to be nurtured
- Markedly increased away support for the team by providing high quality and low cost travel- we were the cheapest official travel provider in League One despite using the best quality coaches in the UK!
- Funded more soccer coaching for primary school children than ever before – coaches provided by CTFC
- Continued with the 50/50 draw with funding going to the Academy and our community schemes
- Supported fundraising for Chestnut Tree House children’s hospice
- Increased our member benefits (there will be still more next season)
- Met monthly with the football club to raise your ideas and concerns
But despite all of that, we have so much more to do. If CTFC are to be a success and consolidate in League One, we need to get more and more bums on seats and feet on terraces. We need to ensure that our community- and, as the club badge states, that should be the whole of West Sussex- embraces its most successful football club. It’s a lot of work, but somebody has to do it!
An invitation and agenda (and proxy voting form) should now be in your inbox or on its way to your postbox, and we look forward to seeing you there. And again, if you’d be interested in taking an active role, please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org or call Chairman Paul on 07882952563
The CTSA Board